If I Were A Love Poet

OK so this is the first write-up I received and it happened to be a poem. Sender said it best describes his feelings towards the person (me).

So instead of writing, he decided to send this poem written by Rudy Fransisco
Enjoy!

‘If I were a love poet’

“I want you to bite my lips until I can no longer speak

And suck out my ex girlfriend’s name out of my mouth

Just to make sure that she never comes up in our conversation

I’m gonna be honest.

I’m not really a love poet

In fact, every time i try to write about love, my hands cramp

Just to show me how painful love can be.

And sometimes my pencils break

Just to prove to me that every now and then love takes a little more work than you planned

See I heard that love is blind

So I wrote my poems in Braille

And my poems are never actually finish because

True love is endless

See I always believe that real love

Is kinda like a supermodel before she’s airbrushed

Its pure and imperfect

Just the way God intended.

I’m gonna be honest tho, I’m not of a love poet.

But if I were to wake up tomorrow morning and decide that I really want to write about love,

My first poem would be about you.

About how I love you the same way I learned how to ride a bike, scared.

But reckless.

With no training wheels or elbow pads so my scars can tell the story of how I fell for you.

You see, I’m not much of a love poet.

But if I was, I’d write about how I see your face in every cloud & your reflection in every window.

You see I’ve written a million poems, hoping that somehow you will jump out of the pages and be closer to me.

Because if you were here, right now, I’d massage your back until your skin sing songs that your lips don’t even know the words to.

Until your heart beat sounds like my last name & you smile like the Pacific Ocean.

I just want to drink the sunlight in your skin.

If I was a love poet I’d write about how you have the audacity to be beautiful, even on days when everything around you is ugly.

you see, I’d write about your eye lashes and how they are like violin strings that play symphonies every time you blink.

If I was a love poet I’d write about how I melt in front of you, like an ice sculpture, every time I hear the vibration in your voice.

And whenever I see your name on the caller I.D. my heart it plays hop-scotch inside of my chest.

It climbs on my ribs like monkey bars and I feel like a child all over again.

And I know this sounds strange, but every now and then, I pray to God that he turns you back into one of my ribs just so I would never have to spend an entire day without you.

But I swear, I’m not a love poet…

But if I was to wake up tomorrow morning and decided I really wanted to write about love

My first poem would be about you.

And after that all that she was like, “So how do you feel about me?”

And I said:

Let’s put it like this, I want to be your ex-boyfriend’s stunt man.

I want to do everything that  he never had the courage to do, like trust you.

Honestly, when our lips touch I can taste the next 60 years of my life.

And some days, I want to swallow stacks of your pictures just so that you could be apart of me for a little bit longer.

And if I could, I would sample your smile; then I would let my heart beat through the bass line and we would create the greatest love song of all time whenever we stand next to each other.

Love, I was the only one made for you.

And you, you can be “At Last” by Etta James and I will be “Ooh child” when you’re in pain.

You can be candy-coated drops of rain, even though it never rains in Southern California.

And together, we can be music.

And when my friends ask if you’re my girlfriend, I’ll say no… She’s, she’s my musician.

And me, I’m her favorite song.” - Derick

Wow! Amazingly beautiful...  This really got my attention and I'm glad someone feels like this.
Love indeed is such a beautiful thing.

If you were the person this was sent to, what will be your reaction????

© Brillsxpression.  Love well

Comments

Popular Posts