NO GOODBYES (CHAPTER 25)

WARNING]

Romance 

Suspense 

Addiction 


© All Rights Reserved 


SHE BEGAN 

Immediately they got to the hospital,  at the reception, everyone was staring at them, mostly because they were in the company of the police. 

Audrey requested they see the doctor in charge while the rest of them followed closely.  They got cleared and told him (the doctor) that Mr Anderson is discharged as he was found innocent.  The doctor wasn't convinced,  so he asked Audrey how he was found innocent, Brian told him of the phone evidence. It was only after the  narration that the doctor was calm and took them to see Ariana. 

By the time they got there, Ariana was still sleeping. They got in, while Mr Anderson and Alex were whispering behind saying, “this wasn't the ward Ariana was in". Brian overheard and answerd said to them; “she was moved because of the suspicion that someone wanted her dead". They said nothing more.

While they were in, some sat around her while others stood looking at her. Even though she sustained some injuries, she still looked as beautiful as ever. Then Brian moved closer to her and held her hands just as he did earlier. Immediately he did that, her hand shook and she blinked twice and opened her eyes. Brian was the first person she saw as he held her hands, then she looked around and saw the rest of the people in the room. She couldn't believe her eyes as she saw Mr Anderson and Alexandra, but couldn't recognize the rest of the people who were there. Who were they? (Audrey, Daniel and Tony).

Brian spoke up after everyone had shown expressions of happiness and gratitude to God that she had  finally woken up and was okay. They could not wait for her to explain what exactly happened.  In fact, Audrey could not wait to hear from her.
So Brian asked her,  "what really happened Ariana? " as he moved closer and huged her...

And  then,  she began...

"After y'all left, (looking at Alexandra and Mr Anderson), it was just me and Brian. I wanted to ask him to stay the night, I'm sure he would have considered to before he got a call and left shortly after that with Mr Anderson.

After he left, I stood up to go lock the doors and clean up the whole place. I locked the door and as I was cleaning, I picked up the last bottle of wine we had to go trash it, I didn't know some water spilled on the floor and as I stepped on it, I tripped"

"Oh my goodness" Brian interrupted her, the reactions on their faces were that of sadness. "I am so sorry for leaving you Ari, I truly am. And I felt the need to stay with you. Even after I left, I couldn't sleep. That was why I sneaked out of the house, only that when I did, it was already late by the time I got there" Brian added, with a slight expression of guilt.

Ariana answered him; "it wasn't your fault, of course you needed to do what was right and I understand. When I fell, I tried calling you Brian, but it wasn't connecting and I tried Mr Anderson's cell, but he could not hear me and I think that I texted him afterwards, and… that's all I remember"

"Oh! Dear!!" Audrey spoke up, "that was tragic,  I'm so sorry dear"

Ariana  was confused and asked who Audrey was and why he was there, seeing that he was wearing a police uniform.  As Brian was about to explain to her all that had happened while she was unconscious,  Alexandra interrupted him and asked Ariana...

"Why didn't  you call me...????"

Comments

Popular Posts