NO GOODBYES (CHAPTER 22)

WARNING]

Romance 

Suspense 

Addiction 


© All Rights Reserved 

Under surveillance 

Brian insisted he'll see the records while they waited for the doctor to come.

They brought their records for the past twenty-four hours (24 hrs) and, there were no record of Ariana in the hospital profile. 

This is rather strange, how is it that the lady they (Brian and the others) brought into the hospital last night, has suddenly disappeared into an oblivion and no one could find a simple file, record of her. Brian thought for a second and then he said to the nurse attending to him;  "do you guys keep record of your patients in the system?" The nurse responded "yes! Yes sir, we do"
"Kindly check the system lets be sure please" and the nurse logged into their desktop and checked the record from the time Brian gave her, and found out that she was actually admitted there and has also been moved to another ward,  and he  explained to him why that was. Then Brian exhaled and gave a sign of relief. He  took a long paused for three minutes and then he  made a request to see her, and he was brought to her but under surveillance.

Ariana was lying on the hospital bed helpless but seemed to have survived death. 
Brian could not help but wonder why a male nurse was standing beside him, watching his every move. He couldn't harm her, so why the surveillance...?

While he kept wondering, he decided to move closer to Ariana, the nurse was still looking at him to see what he wanted to do, but he (Brian)  didn't care. As he got closer to her, he raised his right hand and touched hers and as he did, the nurse moved two steps towards him and told him "no touching" while looking at Brian.  But his voice did not matter as well as his words. Brian wasn't ready and will never be ready to listen to whatever anyone wants to tell him at that moment. He went on...

"I can't believe I almost lost you before I met you Ariana, and I cannot believe Mr Anderson was the one who tried to hurt you, he doesn't seem like such a man that would do that.  Please Ariana,  come back to me so we, I can take care of you and so you can tell us who's responsible for this. I love you Ariana, he pressed her hands further, I do. I know it sounds strange, but it's not a strange sound, it is the truth..."

While he was talking, his phone rang and it was his Aunt.

Brian:  Hello, Aunty Issa
Aunt Isabel: Where have you been Brian? You are not in your room and I'm not even sure you slept in this house white man... where are you?
Brian:  I'm at the hospital ma'am and before you start panicking,  its not me, just here for a friend. 
Aunt Isabel: Thank goodness it's not you. But how come you now have a friend just now, you just got here. Don't answer that. I need you to take me to work in ten minutes,  so please start coming.
Brian:  Aunt,  you didn't even ask how my friend is doing? Is everything okay with you?
Aunt Isabel:  Oh mine! I'm sorry, I was carried away by the news this morning.  Never mind, how is your friend?
Brian:  She will survive. 
Aunt Isabel:  Thank God!  Now hurry back.

Hmmm Brian had forgotten he took his Aunt's car to Ariana's that night and now, he's been reminded,  he would have to go to Ariana's apartment to fetch the car.
So after the conversation with his Aunt, he looked at Ariana and held her hand again and said, "I'm sorry I have to go, but I'll be back baby"

Then he left for Ariana's apartment. 

Comments

Popular Posts