NO GOODBYES (CHAPTER 4)




[WARNING]

Romance 

Suspense 

Addiction 


© All Rights Reserved 



LEFT UNDONE

She stayed glued as their eyes met each other's... She couldn't talk, he couldn't as well. All they did was stare but for a minute, yet, it felt like a thousand hours had gone by already because of all the activities in their minds. It froze time (at least for them) so they could enjoy the  blistering continuance of the hope going up and down in a serendipitous state.

He felt arrested by her charm. She was inarguably the most beautiful lady he had ever seen. She had the most beautiful eyes he could lose himself in, she had equal straight' fine legs, and a gorgeous hair she left undone.
She was everything a  levelheaded man needs and wants in a woman. He imagined for a second, "this could be her, this could be my wife, I can feel it, I can feel her in me. I think I  have allowed her in every bit of me. Oh God! What am I doing? I can't be losing myself like this"

He tried to maintain his aplomb so he doesn't look doltish.

All of these things and more were in Brian's thoughts as they were bonding.

But, Ariana's abstraction was more, it was overwhelming for her, more than compelling. She was bemused by his charms for oh! he was charming and she couldn't get over him that instance.

Mr Anderson (the driver) and Alex were speechless,  and somewhat distracted by all that was going on.
And just then, they arrived their destination as the car slowly stopped and for thirty seconds, Ariana and Brian never knew they had come to a stop. They were in nirvana.
Alexandra looked at Mr Anderson and he looked back at her, then they both turned around and were now facing Ariana and Brian behind with their hands on the head of the seat they sat on, and they let their jaw slowly drop on it as they stared at them. It was as if Mr Anderson and Alex planned it.

Alex couldn't hold it anymore as she broke the silence. "How much is your money sir" the moment they heared that (Ariana and Brian),  swiftly adjusted themselves. Brian removing his hands from hers and her, his... Without saying anything. Alex continued... "how much is your money sirrr?" Looking at Mr Anderson,  he turned and said, apologies ma'am,  your money is one thousand naira (1,000).

Alex: "why though? It's expensive oga, the distance from there to here isn't so much, besides, its five hundred naira we usually pay, not this one you're talking about". Mr Anderson reached out and brought his phone and showed it to them saying that's the price for the fair, I can't cheat you ma.
On seeing that,  Ariana dipped her hand into her bag and brought out some money for the cab guy Mr Anderson, but, Brian immediately objected saying he was going to foot the bills, but Ariana insisted and he' also insisted. They kept at this for awhile  that it started affecting Mr Anderson and Alex. They were just there looking at them, and to think that the driver is not even perturbed about leaving is just  fascinating.

As that was going on, (Ariana, insisting on paying...) Brian said to her; "I'm going to let you pay on one condition" "what condition?" she ask. "I'm going to let you pay on the condition that you'd follow me wherever I want to go to today and you'd pay for all the fair we'd take. If you agree to this, go ahead and pay the man".

This was a way of getting Ariana to back off so he'd pay,  but Ariana is stubborn and persistent. So, without considering,  she opted in, she gave a yes to his condition without reasoning and went ahead to pay the man. Wow! Alex was stunned.

"Ariana, do you remember the conditions?" Alex asked, "condi what? Ariana replied and continued, he said I'd pay for his trips today, and  that's fine" Brian smiled. Alex continued,  "you obviously wasn't listening" "I was" said Ariana,  "you weren't " Alex cuts in, but Ariana continued,  and I heard what he said".  "you heard what he said abi?" "Yes!" Alex added "okay so how do you intend to pay for his transports today? "He'll let me know and I'll send the money across" Ariana answered...

Alex and Brian, and Mr Anderson busted into laughter, and she (Ariana) was perplexed.  "Why are you guys laughing?" She inquired. Mr Anderson cuts in, "if I may, my dears, this ride has been interesting I must say, and  you guys...? You've made my entire week I tell you, thank you. Uhmm... miss Ariana, you just agreed that you was going to be with the gentle man here all through the day today, and also pay the fair for all the places you'd be going too".  "Oh no! I had not realize he mean't that" Ariana said that looking at Brian,  but he gave her a good winner stare and then she turned to Alex and that one gave her a look of ..."that was what I've been trying to tell you dumbhead".

Oh! She got it now, and she became quiet.

  Brian was full of excitement,  he was going to spend his time with a strange stranger that excites his heart. He wasn't afraid,  it felt alright,  it felt good. I bet he was dancing in his mind but looked like nothing was happening physically. 

Alex wasn't entirely happy Brian was whisking her friend away  for the whole day without getting the gist again. In the other hand, she was happy for her friend.  She has never seen Ariana this besotted and alive before. She was ready to do anything to maintain this glow she's seeing  on her face. For that, she'll wait.

"Since we are all in agreement, I'd like to ask Brian to join us for lunch, so we can get to know him more and him, all of us". Mr Anderson cuts in, "that is a brilliant idea, (Mr Anderson looking at Brian to accept the offer...).

Comments

Unknown said…
"He was going to spend his time with a strange stranger. He wasn't scared, it felt alright."

This got me. Memories!
Sometimes, it feels alright to trust a total stranger with something of worth.

Popular Posts